Undoubtedly, one of the most interesting times on the internet is when Spotify Wrapped is dropped. I’m sure many of us have seen the shareable content created by the brand on people’s Instagram stories. I, for one, am guilty of scrolling through hundreds of stats in the days following the drop. I love to see what my friends have been listening to throughout the year!
As the curtains begin to draw to a close on 2023, it’s a chance to look back on a year filled with challenges, triumphs, and relentless innovation. Just like Spotify Wrapped showcases your musical journey through the year, we at teclan are excited to present our own version: teclan’s 2023 Wrapped! Join us as we reminisce about our milestones and set the stage for an even more thrilling 2024.
Our Year in Numbers
As we reflect on 2023, the numbers tell a story of growth, dedication, and success. We’re excited to share some key metrics* that highlight our journey over the past year. From the total number of times our ads have been seen online to our client growth, each figure represents a step forward in our mission to deliver exceptional service and innovative solutions. As a relatively small company, we were quite impressed with the numbers coming up as we were breaking them down.
Let’s dive into the figures that made 2023 a year to remember for teclan and our clients:
Client Visibility in 2023
- 242,250,123 Google Ad Impressions. This is the number of times an advert created by our team has been visible across the Google ad network. From search ads to YouTube video ads, that’s a lot of visibility.
- £1,257,515.54 in Google Ad spend managed by our Google-certified experts. For a small team, this is a big number averaging about £114,300 per month across the last 11 months.
- 2,536,448 emails sent across our email marketing clients. That’s more than the current population of Houston, Texas.
- 2,709,699 clicks on our clients’ Google Ads. Building brand awareness and driving traffic to websites is vital for businesses as it cultivates recognition and familiarity, fostering trust and loyalty among customers. A well-known brand not only attracts new customers but also distinguishes itself in a competitive market, contributing to long-term success.
- 124,000 Instagram profile views. Reaching customers where they spend their time on social media is important and profile views reflect interest in your brand’s message.
- 868 organic social media posts created and posted. From graphics to videos, and engaging caption text, we do it all for our clients.
- 856 domains administered. From brochure sites to full ecommerce catalogues —that’s a lot of websites.
- 1,403** meetings attended. We like to keep our clients informed and catch up with how they’re getting on so that we can drive success that reflects their business goals.
- 5,040** cups of coffee consumed. It takes energy to be successful. But this includes decaf so don’t worry, we’re not too wired.
Our Standout Moments
2023 has been a year full of interesting developments in the world of marketing and web design. With the permanent switch to Google Analytics 4 due to the sunsetting of Universal Analytics, and the rise of Artificial Intelligence across online content, our team has learned a lot about the changing digital landscape this year while ensuring clients benefited from any changes.
Looking back on the year, we’ve chosen some of our favourite moments that reflect the success of our team:
- £6,000 raised for Mikeysline during our annual Million Steps for Mikeysline This year, the teams collectively walked 47,380,452 steps to help raise funds for the local mental health charity.
- Employee Wellbeing Award Winner at Highland Business Awards 2023. We were honoured to have been recognised for our commitment to the wellbeing of our team. teclan is dedicated to going the extra mile for employees; offering a four-day working week to help foster a healthy work/life balance. We also empower every voice in regular workshops and celebrate achievements with team days out and team-building activities.
- Judging panel for the Highlands & Islands Enterprise Award for Excellence in Innovation. Following our win at the SCDI Highlands & Islands Business Excellence Awards in 2022, Helen had the difficult task of helping choose this year’s winner.
- Introduction of tec-Connect: our dedicated Progressive Web App development service designed to empower businesses in the digital landscape. Traditional mobile app development, often laden with hefty costs and prolonged timelines, encounters a refreshing alternative in the form of tec-Connect’s Progressive Web App solutions.
Looking Forward to 2024
As we gear up for 2024, our sights are set on bigger goals, bolder innovations, and deeper connections with our community and clients. In 2023 teclan not only successfully navigated the dynamic shifts in the digital landscape but also made a tangible positive impact on both our local community and the wider industry.
Looking ahead, we’re excited about the opportunities and challenges that the ever-evolving field of marketing and web design presents. The journey doesn’t end here; it’s a continuous exploration of innovation and growth. We anticipate building on our successes, embracing new technologies, and making even more meaningful contributions to our community and industry. As we stand at the cusp of a new chapter, there’s a palpable sense of accomplishment and enthusiasm for the future at teclan.
Want to work with us next year and make your business a success? Contact us to find out how we can help you reach new heights.
*as of November 2023